Tuesday, February 8, 2011

homework

Block 2 students need to finish the chapter 3 questions for The Pearl.

 

ALL students need to read to the halfway point in their fantasy books and write a 350 word letter to me.  The letter must summarize the text as read so far, and then write a detailed reaction/response to the reading.  Things to consider when reacting/responding:

  • Do I like the book so far?  Why?  Why not?
  • What is my opinion of the main character?
  • What is the world of the book like?  How is it similar to my world?  How is it different? Would I like to live there?
  • Who or what in the book is GOOD?  Who or what is EVIL?
  • What do I think is likely to happen next?  On what do I base this prediction?
  • If there are different races of creatures in my book, what are the characteristics of each?  Which is most like me?  Which is most unlike me?