Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marking period 1 PROJECT

Hello!  The project for independent reading this marking period is as follows:

 

Read an adventure fiction book independently. Students will have about 10 minutes in class to read each day, and should plan on 10 – 15 minutes each night.  An accountability sheet will be coming shortly.

 

After chapters 1 and 2, but on or before September 8, write a 200 word letter to me following directions given below.

After you read the middle of your book, but on or before September 18, write a 200 word letter to me following the directions given below.

After you finish the book, but on or before September 28, write a 200 word letter to me following the directions given below.

On September 30, present a 1 – 2 minute book talk to the whole class.  You will share: title, author, main character information, basic plot summary, your thoughts on the book, and the overall theme (aka main idea, message, or lesson the book teaches).

 

Letter explanation:

The letter will be in “formal letter style” as explained in class and as shown on page 7 of the students’ assignment books.  It may be typed or hand written neatly on lined paper.  It may be emailed as an attachment (if you type in WORD or Open Office, but not in wordpad, notepad, works, or other), or copied into the body of the email.  I will email a short “I got it” reply.  If the “I got it” does not come to you within 24 hours, please see me as I probably did not receive the email.

 

Email address:  awald@arsu.org